Thursday, March 1, 2012

says Sensory Integration really Works!!!

I used to try several things with textures, colors, smell and motion with my son but nothing so far had an impact maybe they did but nothing that brought any change in his attitude or reaction or response to the objects.
But as my vision therapist kept telling me to keep trying anything and everything we can possible get our hands on and who knows what could trigger his attention.
And really I’m glad I followed her wise advice and after 2 years and 3 months my son finally touches something and wants to keep going at it and to top it off he looks in the direction of the object, sees it and reaches and touches it.
God I feel so thankful now. I don't suppose there is a better word to say how happy I feel that my son could intentionally do something.

Okay this is what we tried, I just bought these microfiber dusters from Wal-Mart like on the 26th of Feb and on 27th I put the duster over a piece of black fleece fabric and left it near him, I never really hoped that he would touch it, by amazingly he brought and held his hands out over the duster and dropped his palm right in the center and started caressing it. Then he rolled over and tried more. oh boy what an achievement.


Here's to his success.



No comments:

Post a Comment