Thursday, March 1, 2012

says Sensory Integration with Water

I've heard a lot about how children with CVI like to play at a water table. That water helps calm them down and helps them focus their attention.
Although my sons loves his Aqua Therapy and he loves to take bath and shows signs of anticipation when in the bath tub, he never liked the idea of playing at a water table.

I tried to add red food color to the water yet i did not get much of a reaction or response from him, he just wanted to get his hands out of the water.

Today I remembered that he likes to be scrubbed with a pouf when taking his bath and was wondering what could give him a similar sensation when playing at the water table and then i found the mesh bag that clementine oranges come in. So i just ripped them off the packaging and put that mesh in the water and amazingly my son started feeling this mesh under the water and he started moving it around. This is a great achievement.
I'm so proud of him and would love to share a video of his success.




No comments:

Post a Comment